Michelangelo purchased the classic Tuscan farmhouse in 1549, and the property remained in the Buonarroti family until 1867. A copy of the original deed signed by Michelangelo himself comes with the purchase of the three-story home. A ten-year restoration was made to the façade and interiors, which still include the original wood-beamed ceilings and fireplaces, plus a brick barrel-vaulted ceiling in one of the living rooms. With the rolling hills of Tuscany as a backdrop, the home’s stone courtyard is an ideal spot for dining. There are also manicured lawns, 200 olive trees to wander through, and an oil mill turned guesthouse.
To see the pictures, click on the picture below.